Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hey everybody! So I was perusing through Deviantart today and saw a couple of images where an artist had taken two of her older pieces and reworked them to see if she all around had improved. I then had an idea (lightbulb!) maybe I should do the same thing!! I am currently enrolled in a digital illustration class (photoshop basically) so that I can become a pro at digital illustration. Sadly my photoshop skills are in the toddler faze, at least that would be my guestimate. I'm posting the image that I would like to redo after the semester to test myself on how much I really learned (potential of complete embarrassment). The piece I am posting is of a valkyrie falling to earth. Ooo, history lesson!! Valkyries are of Norse mythology. They are basically angels (chicks ;D) who's task was to descend to Earth to retrieve only the bravest of warriors who had fallen in epic battles, and then bring them back to Valhalla.
My picture (do to my lack of photoshop skills) was done in one layer, which of course took a massive load of time, and also has many other things about it that I know that I can improve. Hence the redo.

P.S. here is a link to my Deviantart page http://cchilson-art.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment